If you’re not happy, we’re not happy. That’s why we guarantee your satisfaction with every purchase, every time. We offer a 45-day return on most products if they’re sent back in their original condition. You'll get a full refund, excluding shipping and handling charges. It’s that simple. Some exclusions and limitations apply—get details here.
How to Make a Return
Send Returns to:
Returns Musician's Friend
4005 N. NORFLEET
Kansas City, MO 64161-9231
- Returned items must be in original, brand-new condition with no signs of wear or use
- Include all original packaging, manuals, warranties and accessories, or you may be subject to a return handling charge. See our List of Return Handling Charges for details.
- Refunds are made for the product value only, and excludes shipping and handling charges.
- There is a minimum 15% restocking fee for returns that are not in original condition.
Exclusions & Limitations
Returns of vintage instruments must be made within 3 days of receipt
Returns of stringed instruments priced at $1,999.00 or more must be made within 10 days of receipt
Band & Orchestra Instruments
All returned woodwind and brass instruments incur a $10.00 sanitization fee. Returned bows are assessed on a $4.00 restocking fee. Returned mouthpieces over $300 incur an $8.00 sanitization fee; mouthpieces under $300 incur a $4.00 fee.
The following items are not returnable:
Clearance items, Apple products, items identified as non-returnable, discontinued items, electronic software downloads, demo gear, strings, reeds, computers, tubes, earbuds, earplugs, recorders, tin whistles, flutophones, “world” wind instruments, harmonicas, raw-frame speakers, drum heads, drum sticks, turntable cartridges, fog fluid, clothing/footwear, body jewelry, sheet music, cleaners, polishes and polishing cloths, software/soundware, books, CDs, DVDs, vinyl records and videos.
Abuse of Return Privileges
Our return policy is in place to ensure our customers don’t get stuck with the wrong piece of gear. We may, at our sole discretion, limit or suspend return privileges for customers who abuse or attempt to violate our return policy through practices including, but not limited to: excessive returns, attempts to return items that are no longer in brand-new condition, and other discretionary situations.
Refer to your packing list for international return instructions. If you have questions or need assistance, please call us at 1-866-498-7882.
How do I return my order?
Returning is easy. You only need two items:
- Your invoice
- A Return Authorization Number
To obtain a Return Authorization Number, just start a chat with a Gear Adviser here, or call us at 800-449-9128. Once you have your invoice and Return Authorization Number, follow these simple steps:
- Make a copy of your invoice for your records.
- In the center of your invoice, you will find a return label with an empty space for your Return
Fill this section in with the number you
Your label should look like this:
Returns Musician’s Friend [Your Return Authorization Number]
4005 N. Norfleet
Kansas City, MO 64161-9231
- Peel the label off the invoice, and place the invoice in the box. Make sure the box is tightly sealed and the instrument is protected.
- Attach the label to the shipping box.
- Once these steps are completed, drop your package off with your carrier. Please allow 1-2 weeks for your return to be processed.
Are there any limitations or exceptions?
Yes. Please see the limitations below:
- Vintage instruments must be returned within 3 days of purchase.
- Stringed instruments priced at $1,999.00 or more must be returned within 10 days of shipment.
For full exclusions and limitations, see details here.
Will there be any deductions from my return?
The following deductions may be made to your return:
- Returned items must be in original, brand-new condition. They must show no signs of wear or use, including, but not limited to: belt buckle or pick scratches, scuffs, dings or scrapes on the instrument or collateral materials. There is a minimum 15% restocking fee for returns that are not in original condition.
- Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges. If you received free shipping on your order, the value of the uncharged shipping cost will be deducted from your refund.
- Items must include all original packaging, manuals, warranties and accessories, or your return may be subject to a return handling charge. See detailed return handling charges here.
Are there any items that cannot be returned?
Yes. The following items cannot be returned:
- Clearance items
- Apple products
- Discontinued items
- Electronic software and videos
- Demo gear
- Computers, iPads and other electronics
- Earbuds and earplugs
- Cleaning supplies
- Tin whistles
- Raw-frame speakers
- Drum heads
- Drum sticks
- Turntable cartridges
- Clothing, footwear and body jewelry
- Sheet music
- Vinyl records
- “World” wind instruments
Monday - Friday:
5 a.m.– 8p.m. PT
6 a.m.– 6p.m. PT
6 a.m.– 5 p.m. PT